AFT powers the physical engine at the heart of Amazon.
We build and operate software, hardware, and the processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that move billions of units of inventory, employ thousands of people, and ensure that customers get what they want when promised.
We do this by building automated solutions to handle things that technology does well, while relying on people to handle things that humans do well.
We use innovative technologies to simplify the process by taking advantage of materials handling automation, sensors, computer vision, robotics, and machine learning. Our highly scalable distributed systems are designed to handle billions of transactions a year and run worldwide 24x7x365.
Safety is our top priority and we are on a mission to make Amazon Earth’s safest place to work!
We are seeking an innovative, intellectually curious, results-oriented technology leader responsible to drive the vision, product roadmap and development of systems in this space, across multiple technical teams.
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
· Software development background in object-oriented programming, distributed systems, Java, C++, Linux/UNIX, and SQL
· 5+ years of experience managing software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance
· Deep technical expertise and strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
· The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
· Understanding of AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and related technologies- preferred but not required.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
· Experience supporting machine learning applications or operations research and optimization.
· Demonstrated experience incubating and commercializing new technology, working closely with research scientists and technical teams from idea generation through implementation.
· Experience developing statistical and/or ML models in real-world environments and integrating AI/ML and other AWS services into large-scale production applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.