You would like to study without having to give up your practice? You don't have to - just do both! Do you want to become a software development expert and not miss out on the master's degree? No problem with CGI!
You will be working as part of an international, dynamic and successful team on some of the most challenging and exciting Space projects in Europe. At the same time, you will be completing your Bachelor or Master degree at Hochschule Darmstadt.
Also as a student you will benefit from the opportunities for personal development that CGI offers and the flexible working practices that underpin a good work-life balance.
For over 35 years we have worked in the Space industry delivering complex, mission-critical space systems. We work on the major European navigation, communication and earth observation programmes and are specialists in space security and ground control systems. This is your chance to get first-hand experience of working in the Space industry on exciting projects.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Implementation and maintenance of complex, mission critical applications.
• Design of new software components.
• Verification and validation of applications.
• Performing small-scale feasibility or trade-off studies.
•completing your Bachelor (https://www.h-da.de/studium/studienangebot/studiengaenge/informationswissenschaft-und-informatik/informatik-dual-kosi-bsc/)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
You are a proactive, independent problem solver yet also a great team player. You thrive on solving complex tasks in a challenging environment and enjoy supporting your team colleagues. You are always trying to learn and improve your skills and abilities to the benefit of you and the team.
•Completed (Fach-) Abitur
•Interest in mathematics, science, engineering, and IT
•First Experience with common programming languages (e.g. Java, C++) or general IT Topics
•Fluency in English (written / spoken)
•First programming basics in one of the following languages (Java, C++)
• Familiarity with software engineering and software architecture
• Familiarity with working in a Linux Environment
• Familiarity with modern software architecture and frameworks
• Passion about space
What we offer you in a nutshell
- Working for one of the leading independent IT service and consulting companies in the world
- Payment of tuition fees and costs for additional certifications
- Attractive remuneration, 20 days holiday, open-ended employment contract
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive support concept for optimal promotion of professional and personal development
- Laptop and smartphone also for private use
- Regular team events in business and within the framework of study programs
- Participation in the company's success and the opportunity to acquire company shares at attractive conditions
- Free drinks, fruit and open space for your well-being
That convinced you?
Then convince us and click on "Apply now". We look forward to receiving your complete application documents including cover letter, curriculum vitae and your relevant practical and academic certificates.