OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be founded and headquartered in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Country Manager Germany/Austria is responsible for the organization of the in-country affiliate in terms of commercial development and operational structure for Germany and Austria for the Columbia and Sorel brands. You are an experienced sales manager who will drive our future wholesale growth in the Germany/Austria region by selling to existing key accounts including department stores, buying groups and specialty stores as well as independent retailers. You embrace the omni-channel realities of retail today and have the skills to consult customers in their future development. You also have experience in Sports Lifestyle distribution and a strong retail acumen to support the development of managed space within the territory.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Develop a successful commercial development strategy for the region to ensure operational and strategic goals are achieved.
- Manage and develop a team and serves as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department to deliver on objectives.
- Assume responsibility for strategic accounts; develop joint business plans
- Drive and stimulate new business development.
- Manage and coordinate financial planning, product forecasting, and assortment planning.
- Drive in country go to market process to direct, motivate, and educate internal and external sales staff on seasonal product and initiatives.
- Work closely with the European Merchandising teams to feed the product development process, maximize opportunities, and respond to customer needs.
- Maintain frequent and fluid communication with the Regional Director, central sales and operational functions to drive excellent customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and from 8/10 years sales experience in the outdoor or sportswear industry.
- Previous experience in a management function is mandatory.
- General business development experience and specific in-country business development experience.
- Strong business judgment, proven ability to influence others.
- Experience using SAP, Salesforce.com or other ERP/CRM tools desirable.
- A strong communicator; fluent in German and English.
- A people manager that can lead, motivate, and inspire a team. Previous experience in key account management compulsory.
- Skilled in strategic presentations to engage with a wider group both internally and externally.
- Experienced with numbers and data.
- Able to drive successful projects with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels.
- Able to build strong and lasting relationships.
- Able to monitor external trends and reports and understand how these relate to our brand and customer.
- Comfortable with combining both active selling and building the country growth plans.
- Able to make the right decisions to deliver profitability.
We are all about connecting active people with their passions and make the outdoors for everyone. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and – best of all – fun, this is where you belong ! Come and join us.