I work with many great people and companies in Munich, one of my best clients is currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer for their Payment & Billing Systems team in Munich!
My clients mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. They know how hard this can be because they have been in their position. That’s where you can help them - by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, they continue to find new ways to help their customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, they run at a steady pace to achieve what they aim for.
Team you will be joining is a group of experts around operating high-traffic systems. They consult and educate engineering teams across the company to ensure high-availability, scalable, and resilient products. They strive for a close collaboration between engineering teams to achieve maximum business value.
If you’re motivated by this mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, I would love to hear from you!
- Implement new features that help users to successfully share their business, projects and ideas.
- Develop payment, billing, invoicing, catalog, and other associated services.
- Enrich their products by designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- You enjoy and have at least 4 years of professional experience building web applications
- Experience with some or all aspect of Subscription Billing
- Experience with German / European billing and invoice regulatory requirements
- Multiple years experience with JVM based languages (like Java, Kotlin,GoLang, Scala etc.)
- You have experience building and running production systems
- You have experience with database and schema design (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB)
- Nice to have: You have experience with Cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
▪ an exciting and dynamic work environment with varied and innovative tasks
▪ a practiced work-life balance
▪ an attractive salary package
▪ regular team lunches and visits to sports events in a team
If this position sounds interesting to you, please send me your current CV [email protected] The job advertisement will be closed as soon as the suitable candidate has been found! If you have any questions please contact me directly.